India is a vast and diverse land. In a word, stimulating. Especially to your senses. As we get closer to our exploration to India in the next few days, in which we will have the opportunity to have our senses quite stimulated, here are a few Fun Facts to add to your Fun Fact File (if you have one) of India.
- Stretches from the Himalayas to the southernmost point of the subcontinent where the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean, and Bay of Bengal come together.
- India is the seventh largest country in the world. (Land Mass)
- India is composed of 28 states and 7 Union Territories – most have their own language/ dialect, traditional food, dress, and customs.
- Estimated population of 1.12billion
- India is home to Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Sikhs, and Jains.
- India is the world’s largest democracy, and its second most-populated country.
The more we know the better….what are some fun facts about India that you have?